Старый 05.05.2007, 17:55   #63
Супертяжёлый вес

RUV: 92,274
Вы сказали Спасибо: 3,190
Поблагодарили 15,613 раз(а) в 4,957 сообщениях
Несогласия: 0
Не согласились 43 раз(а) в 35 сообщениях
Рейтинг мнений: 931
Q: Lindland said he admired your armbar. He's never seen something like that, it was not a standard move. He didn't feel it as a potential dangerous moment until he got his arm strained...What was it: sambo, jiu-jitsu, catch-wrestling, something new?
A: No, actually it was a standard one. I just blocked his arm by keeping his arm pressed with my legs.

Q: In your last two fights you won by submission while lying on your opponent. Why didn't we see any striking techniques in the guard?
A: It was simply not necessary.I felt like i could win due to a submission.

Q: According to Dana White Pride fighters' losses in UFC showed Pride fighters are weaker than UFC fighters. Can you comment on that one?
What do you think of Randy Couture and Andrei Orlovski by the way?

A: I don't consider Pride fighters weaker. As for me, i believe that overall Pride army is stronger. I like Couture very much and i respect him as a fighter and a person. He's worth admiring. Andrei is a very tough fighter and i like his fights although he doesn't always use his strong side.

Q: Do you have any experience in using elbows? Would it be hard for you to get used to the UFC rules if you go there?
A: I work on my elbows and i constantly improve my skills. I think it wouldn't be a problem for me.

Q: Hello, Fedor! I'm 17yo, live in Yakutsk. I'd like to come to Red Devil to learn mixfight. Is there any special programme for newcomers? Would that be possible to train with you?
A: A school under Red Devil is opened in St.Petersburg, there is a training gym. It's possible to come train with me, but it would rather be more possible in Stary Oskol as i stay there pretty often.

Q: It's kind of strange but some major websites don't have any information about you fighting Martin Lazarov in Rings Russia vs Bulgaria II. Did this fight really take place back then?
A: I did battle Martin in 2000 when i won due to a choke.

Q: I've read that you are about to become a politician? Is that true? What for?
A: I'm not planning to become a politician.

Q: What is the story behind your nickname "Last Emperor"?
A: Japanese fans called me that way.

Q: Do you plan quitting the sport? When? Are you not afraid of losing?
A: We are about to sign a contract for a year or two. I don't think about possible losses and i don't intend to lose.

Q: How come Russian fighters stay so calm before the fights. Do you have some psychological training which helps you prepare mentally for the fight?
A: It has more to do with one's own personality. The more you fight the better you get tuned up for the upcoming bouts.

Q: What is more important in the fighting career:
-An opportunity to earn money?
-International popularity of the best fighter in heavyweight division?

A: For me all these factors are crucial. But to be the best one comes in the first place.

Q: Would you like to battle anybody particular in the future?
A: Rulon Gardner, champion of the Olympics who won the battle against Alexander Karelin.

Q: Do you have dreams before the fights. What do you see there: some nightmares or something more pleasant?
A: Once in a while i see some dreams of me fighting, but i dont't try to remember them and i just don't pay any attention to it.

Q: Could you clear the situation with the belts you have. You don't have any contracts signed now, you still negotiate with Zuffa. Did they try to intimidate you by taking off you belts?
A: During the first stage of negotiations there were some threats from their side. Now we try to find some compromise. As for my champion's belts they all stay at sportschool in Stary Oskol, so that kids up there could see them and get more motivated. One of the points of my contract is holding a Mix Fight event in Russia, probably next autumn in Moscow.

Q: Which rules do you prefer more: those of UFC or Pride?
A: As far as i know all those rules are about to be unified.

Q: Tell something about Putin. What did you talk about? Did he try to demonstrate some of his judo skills?
A: We drank tea with Vladimir Vladimirovich and talked about different things. He mentioned he tries to watch our fights, tries to follow our performances.

Q: How did you like it in St.Petersburg? Did it look like Japanese 40'000 crowd?
A: I enjoyed it so much. Russian fans are great. It seems they understand the fight game. It took Japan several years to reach that level.

Q: Ropes...again. Did grabbing the ropes help you avoid falling to the ground?
A: I didn't grab the ropes. What i did was leaning on it but it was more unintentional. I don't think it violated the rules.

Q: Are you planning to have more children in the future?
A: Of course.

Q: Why don't you use liver shots? They are so effective. I saw it in a Goodridge fight.
A: I choose a target according to a fight situation. It goes automatically.

Q: What's your thoughts about throws to the floor (that Randleman's throw would send anyone far away for a long time). Could you throw somebody in a similar way?
A: I had such opporunities but i didn't want it.

Q: Do you have any phobia?
A: No i don't.

Q: Would you accept any challenge from any fighter?
A: I would do it under a proper contract conditions.

Q: Do you consider yourself as a strongest fighter of the heavyweight division?
A: I have never considered myself as the strongest one.

Q: Do you have any idols you look up to?
A: Yuri Vlasov, Russian weightlifter.

Q: What's your favorite meal?
A: I eat a lot and actually i have many favorite ones.

Q: Do you keep yourself to some sort of diet?
A: No i don't. I just try to avoid fat food, cakes and sweats.

A question to Fedor's trainer, Vladimir Mikhailovich:
Q: How come nobody of Russian fighters can't approach Fedor's level?
A: When Fedor came to the MMA, he's already achieved International Judo and Sambo class master's level. We work wirh Red Devil about three years now. A lot of fighters show us a clear evolution of their skills, but they are still too young to achieve what Fedor did.

Q: Do you study your future opponents' behaviour, their psyhological level? Do you have some tricks you haven't used yet?
A: As far as my trainer is concerned, i've reached 50% of my top notch skills.

Q: Do you make up a plan before a battle?
A: I don't have a big plan, but i do have thoughts about the upcoming fight.

Q: How was your vacation after your last fight?
A: Wonderful.

Q: Matt Lindland said he'd like a rematch. Your thoughts on it?
A: I'd like it as well because he's a very good fighter.

Q: Who do you consider the most dangerous heavyweight fighter?
A: I guess i'm afraid of my trainer. He's the one who can leave me without breakfast, dinner or supper.

Q: Would you agree to fight in K-1?
A: I haven't got any offers from K-1 organisation yet.
michaell вне форума   sendpm.gif Ответить с цитированием