Вернуться   MMARedForum > MMARF > Октагон

Октагон Обсуждение всех тем связанных с ММА

Надоедает реклама? Авторизуйтесь или зарегистрируйтесь на форуме, рекламные баннеры видны только незарегистрированным пользователям
Результаты опроса: Победителем турнира станет?
Федор Емельяненко 380 51.84%
Алистар Оверим 267 36.43%
Фабрисио Вердум 19 2.59%
Антонио Сильва 10 1.36%
Джош Барнетт 21 2.86%
Андрей Арловский 6 0.82%
Сергей Харитонов 21 2.86%
Бретт Роджерс 9 1.23%
Голосовавшие: 733. Вы ещё не голосовали в этом опросе

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 05.01.2011, 06:34   #251
Тяжелый вес

RUV: 5,779
Вы сказали Спасибо: 8,598
Поблагодарили 4,558 раз(а) в 1,622 сообщениях
Несогласия: 554
Не согласились 272 раз(а) в 136 сообщениях
Рейтинг мнений: 2171
Цитата:

Для просмотра ссылок или изображений, в данном разделе у вас должно быть 1 сообщение(ий) или более. Сейчас у Вас 0 сообщение(ий).
Да это блять АХУЙ какой-то
Для просмотра ссылок или изображений, в данном разделе у вас должно быть 1 сообщение(ий) или более. Сейчас у Вас 0 сообщение(ий).
!!!!!
Цитата:
Фёдора похоже сливают, других вариантов нет, у него самый тэжёлый путь к вершине!
Да любому из левой стороны будет аццки трудно

Вообще Озверина надо бы вывести из турнира, пускай подписывает обязательство на обязательную защиту титула против победителя Гран При, а пока, до окончания турнира уёбывает рубить капусту в Дрим.

Остаются 4 топа (Страйкфорса - уточнил штоб не доебывались): Федор, Бигфут, Вердум и Барнетт.
Вердума с Барнеттом и Федора с Бигфутом развести по разные стороны сетки.
На первый раунд раскидать между ними через жеребьевку Харитона, Арлушу, Роджерса и 4-м будет Лешли или Кормье. Жаль что Кайл руку поломал, мог набрать веса и поучаствовать, хотя......на фоне ветеранов и мешков из 2 эшелона вносил бы дисбаланс, он наиболее сильный из них.

Надоедает реклама? Авторизуйтесь или зарегистрируйтесь на форуме, рекламные баннеры видны только незарегистрированным пользователям

Для просмотра ссылок или изображений, в подписях у вас должно быть 1 сообщение(ий) или более. Сейчас у Вас 0 сообщение(ий).
S.W.A.T. вне форума   sendpm.gif Ответить с цитированием
Эти 2 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо S.W.A.T. за это полезное сообщение:
DeadOk (05.01.2011), Gazza (05.01.2011)
Старый 05.01.2011, 08:42   #252
<b>valetudo.ru team</b>

RUV: 95,115
Вы сказали Спасибо: 6,741
Поблагодарили 92,377 раз(а) в 10,082 сообщениях
Несогласия: 0
Не согласились 516 раз(а) в 290 сообщениях
Рейтинг мнений: 8644
Длинное интервью с Кокером - много новостей по турниру, датам и прочему
Цитата:

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker expresses nothing but confidence about his ability to pull off a heavyweight grand prix this year.

"Everything's already in place," Coker says. "We wouldn't have announced it and gone forward with the tournament if we had any doubt whatsoever."

Months of negotiations between Strikeforce and M-1 Global on a contract extension for "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko recently concluded with a four-fight deal for the Russian star, paving the way for an eight-man tournament that includes seven heavyweights in the top 16 of the USA TODAY/SB Nation consensus rankings. The first-round matchups have been set:

* Emelianenko vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva
* Andrei Arlovski vs. Sergei Kharitonov
* Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum
* Josh Barnett vs. Brett "The Grim" Rogers

The first two bouts are scheduled for Feb. 12 in East Rutherford, N.J. Strikeforce hopes to schedule the other two fights in April.

Timing won't be problem even though Strikeforce and M-1 have only five weeks to promote the tournament opener, Coker says.

"All these guys wanted to fight now," he says. "As a promoter, yeah, we'd like to have more time. But we decided to pull the trigger and we're going to go for it. ... We feel very good about our decision."

Shortly after the official announcement on Tuesday, USA TODAY spoke to Coker about the tournament and other title fights on the horizon for Strikeforce. Excerpts from the conversation:

Q: How long have you been working on this?

Coker: Boy, I'll tell you, probably about four or five months now. I always felt that if we could get Fedor back into a multifight agreement -- which we were successful in doing -- then what a great opportunity to put together all these guys in a single elimination tournament that lasts six to eight months. Let's see who the baddest heavyweight in Strikeforce is.

What was the hang-up in getting an extension signed for Fedor?

There are many complications with the deal. Part of it is because it's not something (where) you can just pick up the phone and talk to the manager in English. You can't just drive to his house and sit down and meet him face to face.

There are just so many obstacles in the culture barrier, the language barrier. Things just moved along very slowly. It was frustrating at times, but now that Fedor's on board, it was definitely worth it. To have him in our tournament is going to be a special treat, not just for us as a company and I'm sure Showtime as a television partner, but also to the fans. To have Fedor in this tournament is going to be very special.

As news of this tournament started to leak, the buzz online suggested that there is some skepticism about your ability to actually pull off this tournament. How do we know all this stuff's going to happen?

Everything's already in place. We wouldn't have announced it and gone forward with the tournament if we had any doubt whatsoever.

We feel that this is going to be one of the greatest things in the history of MMA, especially for our company. Showtime is counting on us delivering, and we're going to deliver.

All these guys are under contract. As we go down these fights, the only thing I can see for some of the athletes is if they get hurt. Other than that, these fights will happens.

So for instance, how do you know that Barnett is going to be re-licensed? That hasn't happened yet.

It's not going to be an issue. We've already talked to three, actually four commissions now that will license it. We'll announce soon where we're going to take that second (card). Getting Josh Barnett licensed is not going to be an issue.

I feel personally he's already paid his dues and been out of the fight game in America for a year and a half. I think that's enough punishment and he should move on. We're going to move on and get this tournament moving forward.

He thought he would get licensed last month and it didn't happen. What gives you confidence it will happen this time?

Obviously he has some issues in California that he was to work though, hire a lawyer and go through. I'm looking at it like that's between him and the commission here, but we've already been told by several other commissions that they will license Josh Barnett pending a clean sample. We feel very confident because he already provided a clean sample to California 30 days ago. ... He has proven that he can pass the steroid test and that he's not on steroids.

You're doing this, officially, on five weeks' notice. That seems like a short window for big fights. Why not give it more time for promotion and give fighters more time to train?

We told Bigfoot that he'd be fighting end of January (or) mid-February, so he's been training. Fedor's been training. Andrei Arlovski's been training. Kharitonov is in great shape; he just came off a big win against (Tatsuya) Mizuno in Japan. So these guys are all in shape ready to go.

It came down to, really, the venue was available; Showtime wanted to do it. Fedor wanted to do it; Kharitonov wanted to do it; Andrei wants to fight now. All these guys wanted to fight now.

As a promoter, yeah, we'd like to have more time. But we decided to pull the trigger and we're going to go for it. And the launch of our tournament in the New Jersey venue, in the New York area, we're very excited. We feel very good about our decision.

UFC has a N.J. show scheduled in March. Any concerns about two shows with big fights in one area in such a short span of time?

No, that's a big, big metropolitan area. I have no worries. There's plenty of room for everybody, and I've always said that.

Has Overeem's camp told you that he'd be ready to go against Werdum when that fight happens?

Oh yeah, they're going to be ready. He wants to fight Fabricio Werdum. He asked to fight Fabricio Werdum. I'm sure it's in response to his loss to Fabricio three or four years ago. He wants to avenge that loss.

When I was in Japan for the Dream fight, I sat down and talked to them. They said, "Look, we want to fight Fabricio. You need to make that happen." And I said, "I will make it happen." So here we go.

When will the last two quarterfinal fights happen?

We're looking for an April date right now. We're trying to get the venue locked down, and hopefully we'll have that announcement within the next week.

So this tournament will play out over the course of several months?

This'll be a four-date event: Quarterfinals on the 12th of February; quarterfinals in April; semifinals, let's say, two or three months from there. If anybody gets hurt it could slow it a couple of weeks, but we're planning on every three months from the start of this tournament. It could wrap up as early as October.

Injuries occasionally derail tournaments, such as Showtime's Super Six last year. How worried are you that a guy like Fedor, who has a history of breaking his hands, or someone like Werdum coming off elbow surgery, won't make it through the tournament?

You can't control the future. What I can control is that we do have contingency plans in place and a reserve match-up. The No. 1 reserve spot is going to fight Feb. 12, and that's going to be a fight between Shane Del Rosario and Levar Johnson.

We'll have more reserve fights along the way, so if somebody gets hurt and they're out for too long of a period, then we're going to go to the reserve match.

How much consideration did you give to doing a tournament over one night or two nights?

I'll tell you, we thought about it, but that's when people really get hurt, right? Kind of like the old Pride days, and even before that, remember when UFC first started, it was three rounds in one night, and they just kept getting hurt. So to avoid that issue of a fighter not being able to advance, we said why don't we just keep it separate and let them run it over a period. Just like Showtime boxing, in a single elimination over a period of a year.

Why structure this as a tournament? Why not just put together the fights and leave it at that?

Why not do the tournament? People understand a tournament, when you line up these guys and put it on paper, and you can actually see it on a chart and brackets. I just think it was the right thing to do.

Everybody's pumped up about it. Even the fighters: "I'm going to win this tournament."

It's hard to question why call it a tournament. You have eight of the greatest fighters. These committed. They all want to win the tournament. We're going to have some prize money at the end. Full guns a'blazing.

How much prize money are we talking about?

We'll make that announcement next week.

I ask because you already have a heavyweight champion in Overeem. Some folks might say that putting him in a tournament devalues his belt.

I don't think so. You never know what's going to happen in the course of this tournament. Matchups against different guys could lead to different outcomes moving forward. It'll prove who's the best guy in the world in a tournament format. Just like in K-1 or in Pride, there was a tournament champion and then there was a heavyweight champion.

Alistair has no problem collecting belts, and if he's the best fighter out there in a tournament format, then he should succeed.

How did you decide the tournament seeding?

A lot of that was timing. One was Fabricio was coming off of his injury, so we knew he was going to be delayed. I know Alistair wanted to fight Fabricio, so we wanted to put that fight together.

Fedor wanted to fight now. Bigfoot wanted to fight now. Andrei and Kharitonov were ready to go.

This coming Friday, you've got a Challengers show with Daniel Cormier on the card. How much longer will he fight on the Challengers circuit?

This will probably be his last fight in the Challengers series and we'll look to the big show to there. But he's got to win. In MMA, you never know.

If he wins, would he be a candidate for a tournament reserve spot

Daniel would definitely be in consideration for a reserve spot.

In a sense, you'll have sorted out your top eight heavyweights by the time this tournament is over. What would be next for the winner?

Depending on who wins the tournament, I think there'll be still be three or four guys he didn't fight.

Styles make fights. How many people go undefeated in MMA? Let's say Fedor wins the tournament, but let's say Alistair lost or Fabricio lost (earlier), then those fights should happen after the tournament anyway.

So if Fedor wins the whole thing, but Overeem loses in the semifinals, you'd still want to make that fight?

Absolutely, absolutely. I don't know see why that fight wouldn't happen down the line, for sure.

As you mentioned, you were in Japan for last weekend's Dynamite 2010 show. What did you think of the Josh Thomson-Tatsuya Kawajiri fight?

I thought it was a technical fight. It was world-class mixed martial arts fighting.

I was surprised that Kawajiri was able to take Josh down as many times as he did, and then Josh spent the rest of the round trying to get up. When Josh let his hands go and let his lets go, I thought he did fantastic; I thought he beat him in the stand-up.

But Kawajiri was successful in controlling him on the ground and playing it very safe. He had one submission attempt that looked pretty deep, but Josh survived the choke and went on to complete the fight. But I knew Kawajiri was a tough guy.

Josh, I don't think that his stock has gone down from a promoter's perspective. I still think he's an amazing, exciting fighter. He's going to have a lot more amazing fights ahead of him, too.

I'm going to do my best to get Kawajiri over here to fight Gilbert soon. I'm working that out with Dream right now.

A lot of people felt that Josh, before the Kawajiri fight, had done enough to earn a rubber match with Gilbert. Does this loss set him back in that regard?

If he (Thomson) would have won, I think he and Gilbert would have been a natural fight to make.

But with Kawajiri winning, let's let Kawajiri fight Gilbert. I think he deserves that shot now.

He definitely wants to come here. We'd like to do it in the next three months, but a lot depends on how successful I can negotiate with Dream. As you know, sometimes things go a little slow over there.

I read that Gilbert ended up not fighting at Dynamite because you and his camp were still trying to work out a long term deal. Is that the case?

We're trying to sweeten Gilbert's deal for him. We agree on probably 70, 75, 80% of the points. We're just trying to work through the last couple of points.

Gilbert and I have had good communication the last couple of days. I want to get him back in the cage as soon as we can. I told him this is taking too long, let's wrap this up this week, next week, and get you back in the cage. I think we're going to be successful in doing that. ... We'd love to have him back in March.

So it could be Gilbert vs. Kawajiri in March then, assuming you can get everyone to agree.

That's correct.

How about Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos? You have a return date set for her?

I know she went to Brazil to go on holiday. She's scheduled to come back on the 15th of this month, and then we're going to have a conversation with her about her return.

When would you like to have her back fighting?

I think she's a candidate to fight in March or April. One of the fights that I'm going to be keeping my eye on this Friday is the Julia Budd fight, see how she does.

I think that Julia Budd, even though she's only had (one) MMA fight, I'm sure you know her background in Thai boxing is pretty extensive. Gina Carano is an amazing Thai boxer and Julia was, I think, the last girl to beat her in Thai boxing. So this girl is the real deal.

But I want to wait to see the fight and not to see just the winner, but how it all unfolds before we make a commitment to that.

Since you bring her up -- do you think Gina Carano will ever come back to fighting?

I believe she will. I believe she's doing her movie thing. Let's see how it works out, and then we'll take it from there.

We still have a contract with her, but in saying that, we fully support her decision to try the acting business. We wish her luck and I'm looking forward to going to see her on screen. I did get a chance to see about three-minute clip of her fight scenes and it's an intense action. I think the fans of MMA are going to love it.

When will Marloes Coenen make her title defense against Miesha Tate?

We're going to propose to put that fight on in March.

There's been some rumbling about a 125-pound women's for some major promotion. Does Strikeforce have any interest in that?

Right now, I would say no. We can talk about adding a female division at 125, but for the most part, our television slots are full. But as we think about expanding at some point, I think picking up the 125-pound girls' division is something we would take a serious look at.

Is there a possibility that some of the heavyweight tournament might end up on CBS?

That's a conversation that we're definitely going to have. I just haven't talked to them. I don't mean to be vague; I just don't know.

You have title fights coming up at 185 and 170. What's in stock for the winner of those?

I feel Paul Daley and the winner of the (Nick) Diaz fight is something that we would be very interested in putting together.

The "Jacare" (Ronaldo Souza) fight, we're going to wait to see the outcome of that fight. If Robbie (Lawler) beats Jacare, there's a couple of good fights for him ahead.

One of the names that comes to my mind between Jacare and another opponent is "Mayhem" Miller. That's definitely something that I think should be in that mix. That second fight in Japan, I don't think it ever got its justice because it ended so soon.

When I look at Mayhem and his fights in Japan recently -- boy, he just annihilated (Kazushi) Sakuraba. I know Sakuraba's getting older now, but he'd never been submitted in his life.

I watched Mayhem basically do his whole workout in the back before he went out to fight. He's getting better. His stand-up's getting better and better and better. We already know his ground game and his submission defense is incredible. He's a fighter that, I think, is going to make a big comeback when he fights back with Strikeforce.

I guess Mayhem-Nick Diaz is dead then?

We just couldn't put the weight together. That was the issue why. Unless Mayhem Miller starts going on a crash diet, I don't think we're going to put that fight together.
vk вне форума   sendpm.gif Ответить с цитированием
Эти 8 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо vk за это полезное сообщение:
arslan (05.01.2011), bailiff (05.01.2011), CommissarCCCP (05.01.2011), DeadOk (05.01.2011), jawisp (05.01.2011), Natalya_pr (05.01.2011), Stunter (05.01.2011), Денис Сурменок (05.01.2011)
Старый 05.01.2011, 09:04   #253
Средний вес

RUV: 874
Вы сказали Спасибо: 6,207
Поблагодарили 151 раз(а) в 56 сообщениях
Несогласия: 505
Не согласились 25 раз(а) в 12 сообщениях
Рейтинг мнений: 91
Противоречие симпатий и логики.
Сердце за ФЕ, но мозг подмигивает на победу Озверима.
За последнего и проголосовал.
sean™ вне форума   sendpm.gif Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо sean™ за это полезное сообщение:
Artakon (05.01.2011)
Старый 05.01.2011, 09:39   #254
Тяжелый вес

RUV: 4,208
Вы сказали Спасибо: 17,604
Поблагодарили 6,584 раз(а) в 1,977 сообщениях
Несогласия: 51
Не согласились 64 раз(а) в 40 сообщениях
Рейтинг мнений: 7985
126-м проголосовал за ФЕ .
Лишь бы никаких травм и дополнительных требований о копромоушене .

Для просмотра ссылок или изображений, в подписях у вас должно быть 1 сообщение(ий) или более. Сейчас у Вас 0 сообщение(ий).
ДИван вне форума   sendpm.gif Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05.01.2011, 09:42   #255
Супертяжёлый вес

RUV: 5,664
Вы сказали Спасибо: 7,315
Поблагодарили 20,189 раз(а) в 7,017 сообщениях
Несогласия: 2,673
Не согласились 3,113 раз(а) в 1,855 сообщениях
Рейтинг мнений: 6764

По первому бою Федор-Бигфут, не знаю точно кто победит, скорее всего йетти, но болею за Федора. У Бигфута преимущество во всем кроме скорости, но он может как уже говорили устроить грязный бокс у клетки, а для Федора это не то что уязвимое... а просто наиуязвимейшее место. Мне почему то этот бой видится так

Оверим-Вердум. Ну это классика жанра) Вердум победит в 3 раунде сабмишеном.

Арловский-Харитонов- Арловский за счет скорости. Жаль, но нужно признать вдв совсем сдал, но дух бойца не сломлен. Если в целом гп, то болею за Арла, а в этом бою за вдв... но шансов объективно совсем мало.

Барнетт-Роджерс - Барнетт сабмишен первый раунд.
ZZTop123 вне форума   sendpm.gif Ответить с цитированием
Эти 4 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо ZZTop123 за это полезное сообщение:
elver (05.01.2011), Griff (05.01.2011), m4xote (05.01.2011), ДИван (05.01.2011)
Старый 05.01.2011, 09:48   #256
Супертяжёлый вес

RUV: 39,688
Вы сказали Спасибо: 17,013
Поблагодарили 20,262 раз(а) в 6,698 сообщениях
Несогласия: 557
Не согласились 955 раз(а) в 569 сообщениях
Рейтинг мнений: 5496
Блять сетка шлак какой-то в самом деле. С точки зрительского интереса на 100% глупо ставить ФЕ и Оверима с одной стороны.
Денис Сурменок вне форума   sendpm.gif Ответить с цитированием
Эти 2 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Денис Сурменок за это полезное сообщение:
Pu44 (05.01.2011), ZZTop123 (05.01.2011)
Старый 05.01.2011, 09:52   #257
Супертяжёлый вес

RUV: 5,664
Вы сказали Спасибо: 7,315
Поблагодарили 20,189 раз(а) в 7,017 сообщениях
Несогласия: 2,673
Не согласились 3,113 раз(а) в 1,855 сообщениях
Рейтинг мнений: 6764
Кстате да, вторая сетка довольно таки слабая, где каждый впринципе кроме Роджерса имеет шанс выйти в финал...
ZZTop123 вне форума   sendpm.gif Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05.01.2011, 09:56   #258
Тяжелый вес

RUV: 2,467
Вы сказали Спасибо: 6,518
Поблагодарили 15,495 раз(а) в 2,550 сообщениях
Несогласия: 122
Не согласились 150 раз(а) в 112 сообщениях
Рейтинг мнений: 6374
vk, т.е. независимо от исхода полуфинальных боев в парах ФЕ-Бигфут и АО-Вердум, даже в случае поражения одного из фаворитов, после все равно будет бой ФЕ-Оверим?

на аватаре фото украинца Ивана Никитовича Кожедуба - советского летчика-истребителя, трижды Героя СССР, сбившего в годы войны 62 самолета противника.
Volrath вне форума   sendpm.gif Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05.01.2011, 10:22   #259
Средний вес

RUV: 1,050
Вы сказали Спасибо: 4,186
Поблагодарили 938 раз(а) в 333 сообщениях
Несогласия: 112
Не согласились 43 раз(а) в 23 сообщениях
Рейтинг мнений: 1533
надеюсь на победу ФЕ, в паре Оверим-Вердум, все же думаю победа будет за Оверимом, ибо ударная техника+мощь вынесут Вердума вперед ногами, ну коронка Вердума БЖЖ думаю не прокатит против нынешнего Оверима, уж больно много лошадок съел....

my p4p № 1
tleulenov_aslan вне форума   sendpm.gif Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05.01.2011, 10:29   #260
Тяжелый вес

RUV: 2,467
Вы сказали Спасибо: 6,518
Поблагодарили 15,495 раз(а) в 2,550 сообщениях
Несогласия: 122
Не согласились 150 раз(а) в 112 сообщениях
Рейтинг мнений: 6374
выдержки из интервью Кокера, касательно турнира

- Над соглашением работали последние 4-5 месяцев
- Предполагаемая продолжительность Гран-При от 6 до 8 месяцев
- Турнир станет одним из величайших событий в ММА
- Все бойцы на контракте, единственное, что может стать проблемой – травмы
- Практически нет сомнений по поводу получения лицензии Барнеттом
- Участники первых четвертьфиналов в хорошей форме и готовы провести свои поединки 12.02
- Лагерь Оверима и сам Алистар высказали желание провести бой именно с Вердумом, поскольку хотят реваншировать прошлое поражение
- Вторые пары четвертьфиналов должны провести бои в апреле
- В случае серьезной травмы одного из участников, возможны замены из проспектов Страйкфорс
- Даже в случае поражения одного из бойцов в паре АО-Вердум, после Гран-При проигравший может провести бой с ФЕ

на аватаре фото украинца Ивана Никитовича Кожедуба - советского летчика-истребителя, трижды Героя СССР, сбившего в годы войны 62 самолета противника.
Volrath вне форума   sendpm.gif Ответить с цитированием
Эти 25 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Volrath за это полезное сообщение:
Развернуть/свернуть список отблагодаривших

Ответ